Monsters can't be on platforms?

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Flowers
Cyborg

I've been trying to make some maps that have platforms come down with monsters on them, but it seems as though having monsters on platforms makes the platform not work.The idea is that you'd press a switch, platforms around you would descend, and monsters would flood the room. But having monsters on them breaks the platforms and they don't go down. I've tried testing the map with monsters on and having monsters off, and if monsters are on it, the platform doesn't come down.

I know you can have monsters on platforms, but I'm not sure how. I checked other maps and mirrored the settings as closely as possible, but nothing seems to work. I've also checked some of the older posts around here in case anyone else had this issue, but I think it's only me. Any tips for a noobie? Just in case it matters, here's one of the platforms settings for example. Apologies if this is a dumb question.

EDIT: Should point out in the picture I uploaded that the "platform is a door" setting is ticked only because I was messing with the settings. Not sure if it matters but thought I should say something about it just in case.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I've not heard of this problem before, but there are a couple odd things in your settings. Based on the description of what you want, you should have it extent from floor instead of ceiling. Also, I'm not exactly sure what the floor to ceiling checkbox does, but you probably don't want that either. You'd want to set the max height to be at least 1 WU below the ceiling just to give the monsters a place to stand before it descends.

And yeah, you probably don't want it to be a door.
Flowers
Cyborg

Wrkncacnter wrote:I've not heard of this problem before, but there are a couple odd things in your settings. Based on the description of what you want, you should have it extent from floor instead of ceiling. Also, I'm not exactly sure what the floor to ceiling checkbox does, but you probably don't want that either. You'd want to set the max height to be at least 1 WU below the ceiling just to give the monsters a place to stand before it descends.

And yeah, you probably don't want it to be a door.
Yeah, seems the only issue was that it needed to be extending from the floor. That makes more sense then I'd like to admit...now I feel silly. Thank you for the quick reply!
Shocktart
Cyborg

I've been trying to consistently replicate that glitch where any projectile monster shoots a stream of shots like a mini-gun when on a moving platform.
I got utterly annihilated while playing Marathon 1 years ago and I thought it was just a super secret attack built into the game.
Zott
Vidmaster

It has been a while, but I thought that mini-gun glitch was fixed in Aleph One?

I definitely recall a map showing how to do it. I cannot find the thread however.