Poop Ship Destroyer

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

Poop Ship Destroyer.zip
Poop Ship Destroyer
(213.17 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Poop Ship Destroyer is a collection of six rejected/incomplete maps I’ve made over the years. Most of them were meant for either Sovereignty or Caustic Dystopia, but were too terrible to make it/stay in either of those packs. I'm posting them on here since I don't think they deserve a proper Simplici7y upload.

The main attraction here (and the main reason anyone would want this) is a Star Trek The Next Generation (!!!) TV set that I attempted to recreate years ago using Forge. Though it uses Infinity textures, the layout is exactly true to the original blueprints of Paramount’s “Stage 9” set, which housed the Enterprise-D's engineering, sickbay, transporter room, some crew quarters, the shuttle/cargo bay, and the curving corridors you’d see the cast walk through all the time. I know there are more than a few Trekkies in the community, so this may appeal to them:

Transporter Room (with authentic transportation!!!)

Engineering

The studio also had several “swing set” components, meaning they’d often turn a corridor into the engineering set through minor redress. Up one of the turbo lifts near the starting point, you will find several switches that activate various swing sets around the map: one turns the end of the corridor into the engineering set, another changes the layout of the crew quarters, and another slightly alters the shuttle bay. There are also several switches in engineering that control the engineering set. Flick them on and off to see what happens. I never intended to release this map publicly, but as I said before, this should amuse a few of you for a bit.

Anyways, I doubt this will really get any downloads, but I figured I'd throw it up nonetheless. See the read me for complete info on each map. Enjoy, and linger on.
-wb
Zott
Vidmaster

It amuses me how many doors to nowhere there are on the Stage 9 map and the actual production set.

Brings back memories of my time with role playing groups on Star Trek: Elite Force. Fun nostalgia. Despite using Quake 3, the maps we used were often not much more detailed than your layout.

Labeling the switches with nearby terminals or map text might help for other exploration type maps.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

It is indeed amusing to see the tricks they used on the production set. I was particularly surprised by the "swing set" aspect of the sets, and how engineering had to be hidden for a long shot in the corridors. Interestingly enough, after TNG ended, the Voyager sets were largely redresses of the old TNG sets. You can tell they're walking down the same corridor layout if you watch closely enough, and the transporter room/sickbay are in the same spots.

I remember Elite Force! That was a fun game. I was never in any groups sadly. And I should've labeled the switches with annotations, but oh well [spnkr]