Converting M1 to M2 format?

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Dan
Cyborg

Despite the claim on the webwonks Battle Cat's Litterbox page, Bovine doesn't seem work for maps, or so I can't find the option for it. :rolleyes:
Any easy ways to turn M1 files (maps, shapes, images, physics) to M2 files easily? Just wonderin'. ^_^
If not, I could always do it the hard way. :wacko:
Roses are rose red
Poems don't always make sense
Refridgerator
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

One thing I think you can do is hop into said M1 map with Visual Mode.lua turned on, and then, in the console, type ".save level Insert name of level here" - it will save the level you're on (not the entire map, just the one level) as a .sceA file under (assuming you're on Mac) /Username/Library/Application Support/Marathon. This should copy most features of the map, including polygon geometry, heights, and types, along with monster and item placement. Note that the monster types will be somewhat confused, and so it may be worth it to Nuke Objects if you plan to use the map in any way.

Then again, you could leave the confused monster placement as it is. F'lickta in Unpfhorgiven, anyone? :P
Dan
Cyborg

Cool, it saved as a .sceA file in the ~/.alephone folder. Gonna see what else I can do.

AFTER PLAYING AROUND WITH IT
------------------------------------------------
Yeah, kind of obvious... I think more work needs to be done to convert it properly from pure M1 to M2.
Shapes and images. Polygon go bad. Eh, I'll go play with it more.
Roses are rose red
Poems don't always make sense
Refridgerator