I'm getting back into mapmaking.

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
A Huge Pfhan
Born on Board

There is nothing the haters and the trolls can do to stop me.
All I ask for is support and advice that will steer me into a tester-friendly developer.
Any thoughts?
Winter Solstice of 2014... Thank God that Treellama, W'rkncacnter, and patrick won't be there...
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Are you thinking solo or multiplayer maps?
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

A Huge P**** wrote:steer me into a tester-friendly developer
i hope it's consensual
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

Tester friendly?

Well, first off, you know those textures normally used for doors? Ditch that, and make your doors use the same textures as the surrounding walls, with no difference in lighting.

Make it a rebellion level with vacuum and put hunters, cyborgs, and troopers in the starting room. Don't test your map before giving it to the testers. Experiment with how low your ceilings and how high your floors can go before becoming inaccessible, too, and they'll tell you.

Make grenade hopping mandatory. And check the extermination flag. Don't use an exit terminal and make your exit polygon blend in with it's surroundings. No shield rechargers, just use canisters if you feel you have to.

And everybody loves 5D space. WITH LAVA!
A Huge Pfhan
Born on Board

PerseusSpartacus wrote:Are you thinking solo or multiplayer maps?
I'm working on a solo scenario with ideas from my KILLMOO project.
VikingBoyBilly wrote:Tester friendly?

Well, first off, you know those textures normally used for doors? Ditch that, and make your doors use the same textures as the surrounding walls, with no difference in lighting.

Make it a rebellion level with vacuum and put hunters, cyborgs, and troopers in the starting room. Don't test your map before giving it to the testers. Experiment with how low your ceilings and how high your floors can go before becoming inaccessible, too, and they'll tell you.

Make grenade hopping mandatory. And check the extermination flag. Don't use an exit terminal and make your exit polygon blend in with it's surroundings. No shield rechargers, just use canisters if you feel you have to.

And everybody loves 5D space. WITH LAVA!
Am I supposed to take this seriously? Is this a consensus upon the majority of Pfhans? Did people agree with what you are giving me? *mindblown*
Winter Solstice of 2014... Thank God that Treellama, W'rkncacnter, and patrick won't be there...
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

After what Viking said, I seriously want to see 5D, WITH LAVA!!!! XD
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

Seriously this time, the Claustrophobia project could use some help. Making a small map and posting it on that thread can net you some feedback.