Nuke Map

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

for the starship marathon scenario i plan on having nuke maps (these maps have "Shot:" in their titles. On these maps the marine will have to nuke somekind of enemy is base. The marine will have to find a few chips stashed on the level and insert them into the chip slots then hit the switch and a nuke drops on the enemy. The nuke is actually a platform that decends from the sky with a textured tip, once it reaches its target a scripted explosion of massive proportions occours with a loud bang and flash similar to a jugg explosion. then the enemy base "craters" inward. this will be done by platform "rings" that descend at intervals the outermost ring is raised forming the crater lip. then the crater fills slightly with lava (melted sludge from the blast). today or tomorrow or sometime soon im going to post up some sketches showing this. I posted this topic alongtime ago and someone made a map but my old computer got "F-ed Up" pretty bad so i cant find it anymore. if anyone feels up to the challenge could you please make a test map for me?

it needs to:
-have one or more chips that have to be inserted before the switch can work or be accesed
-have a switch (duh)
-have the pillar (sky textured) with a colored tip that descends
-an explosion that pwns
-crater thing
-lava

sketches up soon
Kryten
Cyborg

I've still got the old one on my computer, I can add the chips in if you want.
-- Straeshi
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

snap thanks man, u r teh pwnzr

QD

^
happy guy wearing scuba mask
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

use lua so the ceiling and floor change heights and make crazy damageness

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
assassingao
Vidmaster

I made a map for marathon destiny called "Thousand 24" or something like that...

Anyway, it contains many map "tricks" (old and new), such as step-on switches, Falling pillar (you run in, the pillar falls and the ground around it fall and revealing a way to go in.), light effects and some kind of door that is easy to made...

So...I got the crater, falling pillar, but not pwning explosions, switches, chip insertions nor lava.
Samus

You should make it so you use reserve air after the explosion so you don't breath in the nuclear gasses!
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

hmm sounds like a good idea except in sm theres no limit for the marines portable oxygen, he uses a filter that just processes the outside envrioment. the o2 status bar is going to be used for armor. and the health bar is just for player health
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

yes like halathon the shield will go up to 3x so if you add in the health you have a total of 4x. but there will some enemy attacks that affect the health directally and not the armor.
Last edited by Dieselfame3 on Nov 7th '06, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
Kryten
Cyborg

I'll stick the new one up soon.
-- Straeshi
Kryten
Cyborg

Nuke Test v2

What do you think?
-- Straeshi
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

Ill check it out tomorrow, right now i got to get some sleep, gotta figgure out the shapes issue and maybe learn how to use blender... thanks
Last edited by Dieselfame3 on Nov 10th '06, 06:47, edited 1 time in total.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

yes this is perfect now all i need to do is figure out how to do the explosion and flash!
thanks Kryten!
Last edited by Dieselfame3 on Nov 10th '06, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

Place a juggernaut in a small room nearby with a platform that crushes it at the appropriate time.
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

"Real life, getting in the way of nerds since 1983"
-DcBob
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

is there a way to do this w/o a jugg, cause i still need to figgure a way to cause alot of damage in that room?
Samus

Flick a box in physics saying nuclear hard death on a different monster and place that instead
Zott
Vidmaster

Just make some monsters that have a completely invisible idle period. Switch the Nuclear Hard Death check box and as their death animation, change it so that they have explosion frames, and explosion sounds.

There problem solved. Or you could set some to Kamakazi so they don't all go off at once.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee