Marathon:4 Pathways into Time

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
jojo
Born on Board

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Calling it "Marathon 4" kind of exudes a lot of hubris, don't you think?
I am not trying to brag but I am confidant that we can make it as sequel like as possible.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:I am not trying to brag but I am confidant that we can make it as sequel like as possible.
Honestly, I think Rubicon is considered "Marathon IV" by now. It's a must-have classic that does not break the atmosphere of the originals, yet adds a certain ambiance of its own, and plays out like a seamless continuation of the series.

In other words, I suggest a retitling.

I am working on a prequel, and it's likely that a "side-story" type of scenario would be fine, but a true sequel is determined by committee... In this case, the Marathon community.
Also, Durandal Vs Tycho is the WEAKEST possible title to a "Sequel" of Marathon.
I just don't know how anyone could justify calling a scenario called "Durandal Vs Tycho", constructed by a complete unknown, using almost all submissions, and priding itself on a rather poorly constructed title screen, an official sequel to one of the greatest and most innovative FPS titles of all time.
Last edited by zero on Jan 23rd '12, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
"Escape will make me God"
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

I don't remember voting on this.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:Guys, don't feed the trolls.
Is UESC trolling or is he just fwacking with us
interion
Cyborg

DADDY Z3RO wrote:Is UESC trolling or is he just fwacking with us
He was talking about Dis.
Image Image
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

This is not a troll scenario. I have been recruited onto the project and it will be the greatest Marathon Scenario ever made.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Did this thread just divide by zero? Everyone left and right is becoming a troll or being named one.

At any rate, this is a very odd thread. I do not advocate that this scenario be titled Marathon IV
???Durandal???
Cyborg

Hey Master chief!

We should team up 'an merge our projects!

I'm werking on a similar scenario.

The more the better as they say. [MGrin]
Marathon D.R.E.A.M. copyright � 2008-2011- Is a future and ongoing SECRET project by Yours truly and Jjarandal productions � 2011- :
most patents pending and accepted. any and all material conceived by ME is property of me and gives no one a right to lay claim to my imagined stuff

***INCOMING MESSAGE***
Check out my blog, I've developed a little game pfhor you to play...

>> http://thedurpartment.blogspot.com/ <<

***END MESSAGE***
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Tim wrote:Be careful, the private message system is an unsecured communications channel. Admins like Steve can read all of your secret plans and forward them to the clique who are secretly laughing behind your back.
clique/klÄ?k/
Noun:
A small group of people with shared interests, who spend time together and exclude others.
Hopper
Mjolnir Mark IV

listener wrote:clique/klÄ?k/
Noun:
A small group of people who hate Mararthon and you (not necessarily in that order), who spend time together to ruin everything you've ever loved.
FTFY
Aleph One:  Download 1.2.1         Plugins:  Vasara  ·  more
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

That'd be neat if you could help, durandal. I haven't seen heads or tails of master chief in weeks but he has expressed he's welcome to all the help he can get.

Oh, and the name's changing from Marathon IV, thankfully. The working title we have now is Battle of the AIs.
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Mar 1st '12, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Sounds great! Can't wait for this to come out.

(Hopper, I spent a while wondering what FTFY was. I stopped wondering when i saw you changed the quote. Was that directed at me?)
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

I wonder if it'll be any good...

Whens the demo?
jojo
Born on Board

Sorry, we have been away awhile trying to come up with better designs, and we have updated our photobucket account with new pics and designs. @ durandal I have not visited my thread in a while and did not realize you wanted to help. If you want to help that would be fine, but lets see if you like the story outline first; so, here goes nothing. The game starts off billions of years in the future at the end of marathon infinity on the Jjaro station, but the marathon man unknowingly is in another dimension. As he explores the station he finds a jump pad that durandal contacts him at and tells him to come back to the marathon. Once he is there he notices a difference that is oddly familiar to him, and yet he doesn't know what it is; but we will leave this for you to speculate, and if you take a look at the images at the link in the first post I'm sure you will know what we are hinting at. And sorry but if some of you don't like the idea of the story or the concepts well we just can't spend the time redoing them because we already have done it too many times to try to please you. And @ durandal if you truly would like to help, if you could and don't mind to could you give us some details on the game you are currently working on to see if we can collaborate if you have any questions OR comments just feel free to post.
ellio7t
Cyborg

WTF?!
words
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

WTF?!
The same thing is going through my mind, but not 100% what ellio7t said... O.o

WHATS UP WITH THE NAZI SIGN?!!? THIS IS MARATHON, NOT WORLD WAR 2!!!
jojo
Born on Board

Destiny wrote:The same thing is going through my mind, but not 100% what ellio7t said... O.o

WHATS UP WITH THE NAZI SIGN?!!? THIS IS MARATHON, NOT WORLD WAR 2!!!
Of course this is not world war 2 but we have a really good reason for it.
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

You better have a good reason, because now I want to know whats up with the nazi sign in the Marathon logo! Whens the earliest preview/demo of this?
jojo
Born on Board

Destiny wrote:You better have a good reason, because now I want to know whats up with the nazi sign in the Marathon logo! Whens the earliest preview/demo of this?
Well um not too sure we will have to see what durandal347 wants to do first then we will try to make a demo as soon as we can keep in mind the more people like our new stuff the faster we will get stuff done so everyone can try it.
Last edited by jojo on Mar 7th '12, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

@Master_Chief: Are you trying to say that the Nazis succeeded in using the alein's dream powers to take over the world? Obviously it's spoilers so don't tell... I'm just speculating here, and it's such a controversial, sensitive decision.

hm.... United Nazi Aerospace Division?
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Mar 7th '12, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
jojo
Born on Board

VikingBoyBilly wrote:@Master_Chief: Are you trying to say that the Nazi's succeeded in using the alein's dream powers to take over the world?

hm.... United Nazi Aerospace Division?
Hmm Maybe
Last edited by jojo on Mar 7th '12, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Huh. Copyrighted.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
jojo
Born on Board

Dugit wrote:Huh. Copyrighted.
It's just a joke.
ellio7t
Cyborg

i guess it makes sense, the bobs are all white.
words