Survival.lua

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
xilef
Cyborg

gyffes wrote:Common sense? Eventually your buddy will find your address and come punch you in the throat...
I am a marius troller, I join games to murder my team mates in survival.lua, I am just checking that there's no protection against this so i can benefit from it more than the lulz i already get out of it.

Thank you for reading my post.
The Thug
Vidmaster

You remind me of that old team killer named Snoopy. No lulz for you.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Xilef wrote:I am a marius troller, I join games to murder my team mates in survival.lua, I am just checking that there's no protection against this so i can benefit from it more than the lulz i already get out of it.

Thank you for reading my post.
epic lulzing for the win, good luck trolling /metaserver/ fellow anon
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

Hey, check this out. I was playing survival offline on the map, Little Red Pill, Deluxe, by epstein, when this monster got stuck. I was unable to continue to the next round because of this. I thought it was unusual, so I just wanted to post this screenshot.

[attachment=3667:MLittleR...uxe_0001.png]
Attachments
MLittleRedPillDeluxe_0001.png
MLittleRedPillDeluxe_0001.png (310.06 KiB) Viewed 8092 times
"My advise: V" - g pack
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

That isn't a script error, that is an engine bug. Sometimes corpses can get stuck in narrower gaps shorter openings like that. I've gotten screwed on Kill Them All maps before due to that as well.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Apr 7th '10, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

RyokoTK wrote:That isn't a script error, that is an engine bug. Sometimes corpses can get stuck in narrower gaps shorter openings like that. I've gotten screwed on Kill Them All maps before due to that as well.
Yea, I didn't know whether it was a script error or an engine error, but I was just posting it for other people to see. Sorry if this wasn't really the appropriate topic to post this in, but I couldn't find a topic about unusual screenshots (Screenshot Oddities would have been good except that it was a contest topic that was over), and I didn't want to start a new topic.
megabyte
Vidmaster

There is a new version out with an improved interface and a waiting period between rounds
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

Here's another thing that i don't see too often. This happened while I was playing survival online (again, I know the script didn't cause this). That fighter shot like 10 bolts at me! I think it was because he was on that platform. Anyway, just wanted to share this with you!

[attachment=3861:Anticiti...One_0010.png]

[attachment=3862:Anticiti...One_0003.png]
Attachments
AnticitizenOne_0003.png
AnticitizenOne_0003.png (231.17 KiB) Viewed 8090 times
AnticitizenOne_0010.png
AnticitizenOne_0010.png (239.08 KiB) Viewed 8090 times
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

brilliant wrote:That fighter shot like 10 bolts at me! I think it was because he was on that platform.
Yeah that happened to me on Infinite Rhapsody once, except it was a Trooper firing grenades!
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:Can you send me the film?
Sorry I didn't save it.:( It was a while ago.
Last edited by President People on Jun 15th '10, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ok, here it is Treellama. You will need Einheldenleben 1.2 (hey that was by you! :)), and latest version of survival. It happens near the beginning of round 4.

[attachment=3863:Anticiti...one_film.zip]

Edit: lol, almost forgot to upload the file.
Attachments
Anticitizenone_film.zip
(21.06 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Last edited by brilliant on Jun 15th '10, 04:00, edited 1 time in total.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Yea, I remember that bug from the old days, but it's not so common now. I think they called it the Ketchup Bug, where if a Fighter tried to fire just before a platform falls or rises, and then he fires as it does, that happens. I wouldn't think that it has anything to do with the script.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

I've actually encountered that with vacbobs anf flick'ta too.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama, didn't you want that video, or were you talking to Pres?
treellama
Vidmaster

brilliant wrote:Treellama, didn't you want that video, or were you talking to Pres?
I'll take any videos that reproduce the problem. Yours is fine, but one that doesn't use Survival.lua would be even more awesome.
megabyte
Vidmaster

A new version is up at simplici7y
Added in this version is a polling system where once 50% of the players hit ready(the mic key) the break ends and the next round begins. There is still a time limit on the breaks. I also added a fusion bolt that hovers over the players bodies so they are easy to see and revive. Support for base survival was also added based on hastur's suggestion.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
riserobotrise
Cyborg

hey megabyte, is it possible to release a version that allows dead players to toggle player view like you have in your spectator script? That would be very awesome.

Also, was there a particular reason you decided not to include hunters, droids, assimilated bobs, and cyborgs like they do in XBL survivor? Cyborgs might be too much of a pain but the others won't be too bad imo.