Marathon Glow

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

GLOW Scenario.png
Marathon Glow is a scenario for Aleph One set in the Marathon universe (How Marathon's universe worked is a mystery). It was released as a downloadable prototype at Simplici7y and now it is a secondary game project next to The Silence. The project page at my site

For now a team is required. If you want to develop the game with me then you're free to do so. I can't pay anyone but the game is a free total conversion mod either way. We're doing things like this for fun.

(Clueless about what more to say)
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

I might suggest posting some screenshots here to generate interest. Also maybe a brief story hook / concept synopsis?
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Isn't the prototype enough? It's playable and all.

And I don't wan't to reveal too much cause the story is planed to be surprising and plot twisting. I where mostly thinking of having the development in private notifications. Unless if it's not mattering and the topic could just have (Spoiler Alert) up on the title.

But you're right about giving out story details. I'll see what I can do.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

The prototype is a good idea, but screenshots are more easily accessible, so people who might not be inclined to go download and play the prototype, might see cool screenshots and go "oh wow that looks neat, I'll go download that prototype".

And I didn't mean for you to reveal the whole story, just basically a "movie trailer" take, so people know what it's about. Again, just to pique people's interests, get them to take a deeper look.

Like, all we know about your project right now is that it exists, and there's a prototype of it somewhere that we can go and download if we want to see more. But would we want to see more? Right now, who knows, we have no idea what it's about, or what it looks like. But if you share a little bit of that here, maybe people will want to see more, and go download the prototype, and then want to help with development, or at least encourage you to keep developing it so the prototype will get fleshed out further.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Fair enough.
Skärmavbild 2020-04-15 kl. 10.14.18.png
Skärmavbild 2020-04-15 kl. 10.16.07.png
Skärmavbild 2020-04-15 kl. 10.16.32.png
Skärmavbild 2020-04-15 kl. 10.17.53.png
Skärmavbild 2020-04-15 kl. 10.18.14.png
Skärmavbild 2020-04-15 kl. 10.19.29.png
It's not much but it's a prototype after all. I'm adding these to the scenario page at Simplici7y and replace the application from an Aleph One app to an Infinity app. (Like how Susannah did it)
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Meerjel01 wrote:replace the application from an Aleph One app to an Infinity app. (Like how Susannah did it)
If you're distributing an alephone scenario, you should only provide the data files. It's up to the user to get alephone to go along with it. You appear to be distributing a mac app, which makes it hard for people on other operating systems. Also, if you're distributing the alephone binary, you need to provide the source code upon request, or you'll be violating the GPL.
Last edited by Wrkncacnter on Apr 15th '20, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ah sorry.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Marathon Glow's development isn't strong so I might put it to rest a-bit and work on another thing. Another 3DS game I had as an idea for long enough and would want made. But it's true 3D and I can't animate anything in that category. And maybe I would want some advice for the game's story. (It's a Marathon influenced game after all)

I am asking for the chance to get some animations for the models I make. If someone's interested in helping out then ask and I'll pm and give you my model. I am gonna make a project page on my website of what I had in mind and what story it will have later.