Marathon: Inferno

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
raptor200221
Born on Board

Recently, I have begun working on a new scenario for Marathon. This scenario will be loosely based around Dante's Inferno, which is an old poem about the struggles that a man goes through as he passes the circles of hell to get to heaven. This scenario will most likely be finished by next year.
"The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history"-Georg Hegel
||Legends of Marathon Net Maps|| ||Eternal Legends of Marathon Net Maps||
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

You can't just announce a scenario and not post a title screen.
raptor200221
Born on Board

Title screen? From what I am aware of, this post fulfills all of the necessary requirements for posting a projects topic.
"The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history"-Georg Hegel
RadBurn
Cyborg

How will the story be conveyed? Through chapter screens, level design, terminal, audio, ...? What will the player experience throughout the scenario? Will this project rely on run and gun action or maybe it takes a more atmospheric approach using visuals and audio in place of combat? Please elaborate.

If your short post is intended to only announce the project then you've succeeded. Keep in mind that there have been other announcements that saw little to no work done to them despite the author announcing more than what you have. I think it is safe to say that some members ( including myself ) won't invest much interest until the author has gone some lengths already. If you are trying to create buzz or build a team then please provide incentive.

I'm not saying this to downplay your goals. I'm saying all this to try and help you out.
raptor200221
Born on Board

@radburn, I am not seeking help on this project at the moment, I am merely announcing it. To elaborate, this story will tell the tale of a man on his journey through the various circles of hell, like in the story of Inferno. The story will start to slowly be pieced together as you go through the levels, with some of the story conveyed through the environment and terminals.
raptor200221
Born on Board

So, this project has been postponed until further notice. This is due to the fact that I am going to be working on a different project for a while.
Grenth
Born on Board

This is why around here we make fun of people who just announce a project or scenario while it's in the idea phase, because 99/100 times nothing ever actually becomes of it. Having project ideas is great! But don't make announcements before there's anything to show for it, it won't be well received.
raptor200221
Born on Board

Grenth wrote:This is why around here we make fun of people who just announce a project or scenario while it's in the idea phase, because 99/100 times nothing ever actually becomes of it. Having project ideas is great! But don't make announcements before there's anything to show for it, it won't be well received.

I never said I won't continue it, I just said that it is postponed for a while while I collaborate on a new scenario. By the way, I actually did start this scenario, and I plan to finish it after I make my other project. I do agree that it is stupid to announce a scenario/project before you have done anything. Here is what I have finished, it isn't much, and it was mainly just going to be for practice, but I will finish it in time.
Attachments
Inferno_2019-01-08.zip
(13.09 KiB) Downloaded 258 times