M1A1 Theme

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
Dodopod
Cyborg

I noticed that the default theme doesn't really go well with M1A1, so I made this. Whaddaya think? Should the slider graphics look less like a physical slider and more like a graphic printed on the screen? Is the blatant use of Bank Gothic in poor taste? And is there any way I could use Modula Tall without getting in legal trouble? By the way, is there any kind of guide to making plugins anywhere, cause I couldn't find anything.
Last edited by Dodopod on Aug 26th '11, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
Counter Attack on the Meta
treellama
Vidmaster

What timing! I finished a M1A1 theme last week, which was going to be one of the surprises in the 1.0 release. I used Marapfhont, which is Tim Larson's free Modula Tall clone.

We can compare notes when 1.0 comes out :)

The Plugins guide perished on the old wiki. Your best bet now is to reverse engineer Halatheme or Pl8tinum.
ChristTrekker
Cyborg

Dodopod wrote:I noticed that the default theme doesn't really go well with M1A1, so I made this. Whaddaya think? Should the slider graphics look less like a physical slider and more like a graphic printed on the screen? Is the blatant use of Bank Gothic in poor taste? And is there any way I could use Modula Tall without getting in legal trouble? By the way, is there any kind of guide to making plugins anywhere, cause I couldn't find anything.
There is a list of MT alternatives on the Traxus wiki. One is Marapfhont, created specifically for the Marathon fan community, and is under a Free license. I'm working on version 0.10 now, which hopefully will be "complete". (Note: the call is still open to scenario artists - I want your icons to convert into dingbats!) If it's well-received, I'll bump it to a 1.0 and post it somewhere publicly. Progress is posted on my Traxus user page as somewhat sporadic intervals.
Dodopod
Cyborg

ChristTrekker wrote:There is a list of MT alternatives on the Traxus wiki. One is Marapfhont, created specifically for the Marathon fan community, and is under a Free license. I'm working on version 0.10 now, which hopefully will be "complete". (Note: the call is still open to scenario artists - I want your icons to convert into dingbats!) If it's well-received, I'll bump it to a 1.0 and post it somewhere publicly. Progress is posted on my Traxus user page as somewhat sporadic intervals.
The site with the font seems to be down.
Counter Attack on the Meta
ChristTrekker
Cyborg

Dodopod wrote:The site with the font seems to be down.
Unfortunately, yes. My site is down indefinitely. Not sure when I'll get it back online.

I email updates to Treellama so they'll be included in releases. I'm thinking of hosting the fonts on Sourceforge (or some other site more inclined toward open font development) when they're "really ready" for release.
treellama
Vidmaster

ChristTrekker wrote:I email updates to Treellama so they'll be included in releases. I'm thinking of hosting the fonts on Sourceforge (or some other site more inclined toward open font development) when they're "really ready" for release.
Until then, you could host them in your SourceForge userweb space.
ChristTrekker
Cyborg

Didn't even know about SF user space. Thanks. I'll have dodo test the link, and update my Traxus page if it works.